Elevating competitive analysis to the next level by accelerating reporting analysis using natural language & reporting automation.
CLIENT: A LEADING FMCG COMPANY
USE CASE: NIELSEN DATA ANALYSIS
Established in 1910, one of the country’s oldest and fastest-growing FMCG companies, offers a diverse range of science-based nutritional products for infants, children and active adults among others.
Having a portfolio of 400+ products and being market leaders in the AI innovation space, the company was nevertheless highly dependent on manual labor for their reporting processes.
Excessive Time Wastage due to Manual Analysis
The leading FMCG company tracks the market share performance of its three flagship products. The performance is analyzed in comparison to its competitors at an all-India and state levels, through Neilsen’s research data. Every month the research team extracts and publishes the data in their MIS system in the form of countless excel sheets and pivots.
This data would be manually managed by the marketing & analytics team to analyze and create comprehensive reports. At times the team would only share the MIS data in the form of excel sheets, leaving the decision-making team to interpret insights on their own. Due to time constraints, the analytics team clearly lacked the aptitude for reporting & analysis. Nevertheless, initially this entire manual process appeared to be fine from a very top-line perspective but complications started arising when the business leadership team found itself unable to find answers to the in-depth queries.
This entire procedure of report creation was extremely tedious and time-consuming. Given the frequency and magnitude of data across three different products, at all-India and state levels, it became very strenuous for the team to deliver quality reports in the required time period. This time lag caused the business leadership team to hold back on critical opportunities to improve product margins, understanding consumer behavior, and their perceptions.
Key Problems Identified:
- The marketing & analytics team took a significant amount of time for report creation.
- Unavailability of personalized reports for top management and other levels.
- Difficulty in obtaining valuable insights at a granular level about the market and competitors.
- Lack of customization leading to a restricted perspective on data visualizations.
Expediting faster actions with Insightful Reports
Decision-makers at the leading FMCG company realized these reporting deficiencies and found their answers in automating reports using Phrazor.
- Phrazor, the natural language generation platform helped the FMCG company to automate its market share reports by converting complex data from their MIS system into easy-to-understand narratives, for their three major flagship products.
- The team could now comprehensively analyze, interpret and generate reports at a much granular level than earlier. Joining hands with Phrazor, enabled them to view data from different perspectives like market insights based on different channels, metro cities, flavors, packaging sizes, etc.
- Phrazor aided in generating various category and brand reports for the state and country heads on a monthly basis. These reports were customized to fit the specific needs of the products and the team, including actionable recommendations. The team could now generate countless reports with multiple layers at a speed of thought.
- The convenience of different sharing formats like .pdfs and editable .ppts made it extremely easy for the FMCG company to collaborate and aid internal discussions. Phrazor also brought standardization in their market share reports in terms of layout, style, and diction of writing.
- Phrazor assisted the team at the FMCG company to undertake in-depth competitor analysis by highlighting the potential competitor threats which were earlier missed due to a lack of data analysis, interpretation and time constraints.
How the leading FMCG company leveraged the natural language generation platform, PHRAZOR?
Replacing manual reporting with automation, the FMCG company could:
- Drastically reduce the time lag in report creation from days to minutes.
- Provide instant access to exhaustive data in the form of easy-to-comprehend reports.
- Experience new levels of speed and data accuracy.
- Empower the team to be on the same page by leaving no room for data misinterpretation.
- Fastrack well-informed decision making to make the most of growth opportunities.
Generated annually. 9 category and
brand reports generated for individual states
Of manual effort saved in report analysis
Time expedited for monthly report generation