Sony Pictures Network India is a leading player in the film and television industry. The data procured every week is approximately 3.4 GB in size and contains viewership details based on various genres, age groups, markets, and geographies.
Sony leverages vPhrase’s natural language generation (NLG) platform, Phrazor, to create custom automated reports with narrative insights that help managers to make effective decisions accurately.
ROI & SUMMARY OF VALUE
- Report generation process was time-consuming
- The manual analysis methods didn’t account for any changes in the KPIs
- Detailed and precise analysis from copious amount of data was difficult to perform
Phrazor was deployed to analyse the weekly TV viewership data and provided Sony with following solutions
- Process large volumes of data within a few seconds
- The reports generated by Phrazor covers 7 genres, each of which has separate KPIs
- Phrazor generates narratives with visuals to explain them
Report generation time reduced from 15 hours to 15 minutes
Better decisions made
Having insights explained in natural language, versus just charts, improved the overall understanding of the situation, leading to a better decision being taken.
Insights generated immediately vs insights delivered in a few days time increased the overall efficiency.
HEAR IT FROM THE CLIENT
Head – IT Applications, Sony Pictures Networks
Would like to thank the vPhrase team for doing a great job on narrative analytics at SPN. Overall experience has been very good and the team we interacted with has been proactive and professional in execution of tasks. They have a good appreciation of deadlines. And are able to manage them well due to their technical expertise on the product.